From first homes, to family homes. To the latest house in your portfolio, buying a property is likely to be the largest purchase you will make so it goes without saying that it is important you have the right information, at the right time, to ensure you make informed decisions.
At Lyons Estates, we will guide you through the whole process to help you avoid stress and also speed up the journey by guiding you through the process. Before you start looking for a property, you should have an idea of how much you can afford. If you need a mortgage it is important to find out what you can borrow and how much it will cost each month to work out your affordability. A mortgage isn’t the only expense. You might also need money for:
- Stamp Duty
- Up to Date surveys / reports
- Conveyancing fees
- Search fees
- Building insurance
- Moving costs
- Essential home repairs or improvements
- Mortgage costs and life insurance
- Service charges and ground rent in leasehold properties
Find out more about our Mortgage Partners here:
Once you know how much you can afford to spend, you can then start considering your ideal location. We have some fantastic properties available and new stock is arriving daily.
Our office in Bootle is conveniently placed and home to our team of experts who will be happy to help. We cover the North of Liverpool this includes Crosby, Waterloo, Thornton Seaforth, Litherland, Orrell Park, Bootle, Aintree, Maghull, Melling, Walton, Vauxhall, Everton, Anfield, Kirkby, Fazakerley, Kirkdale, City centre, Formby and Hightown.
We’re open 6 days a week with evening and weekend appointments available so we can work around your schedule.
The process of buying a property involves a lengthy process:
- Work out how much you can afford
- Obtain a Mortgage Agreement in Principle (SPEAK TO OUR MORTGAGE TEAM)
- Instruct a solicitor
- Make an offer
- Arrange a survey
- Finalise your mortgage
- Agree your moving in date
- Exchange contracts
- Complete your purchase
- Make arrangements for moving in
- Move in
We can help you meet your property goals! Even if you’ve lived locally all your life, it’s important to do some digging on the area you want to buy in before signing on the dotted line.
Things to investigate include:
- Any regeneration projects or transport links being planned for the area
- School catchment areas and Ofsted ratings if you have (or are planning to have) children
- Crime rates and flood risks
- Traffic and noise at different times of day
- If you’re exploring towns or neighbourhoods you don’t know well then it’s also worth spending some time in the area and speaking to locals to check out the commute, shops, restaurants, and general atmosphere.
All of our team are local and have superior local knowledge so don’t be afraid of asking if you need some extra help when buying a property.
Contact us now: 0151 294 3232